Friday, October 18, 2013

Welcome to Hammerspace

I'm in love with this place at first sight just because of how much this place has to offer. I still haven't seen something from this entire place that I didn't like. I would call it the geeks paradise and I'm not talking like one of those geek squad, best buy jockeys that think they are good at computers either. I'm talking about honest to god geeks who are In love with obscure references and making things work better then they did originally. Some of the things I was seeing over there were just amazing and a good example is this little picture right here. If anyone recognizes this sign it is because it is based on the movie Idiocracy which I recommend watching if you a chance at any point. The coolest part is that these people actually make their own solution that gets mixed with the water and then is converted into Brawndo which is not an actual drink that can be purchased but to describe it pretty easily it is super Gatorade which is like really sweet and really salty as well. This is just funny and also just awesome so my point is that people make these things and each person has their own idea and then those ideas are improved by other people and then  they put them to work. From what I'm seeing it is possible to go there during the day on all days and then Thursdays are open house where anyone can come in and use their amazing expanses of resources. I love the place and look forward to using it.

My project is starting to take more shape and more ideas are coming up the more that people tell me. For example when I was talking to the owner of Hammerspace about  my Nerf gun he recommended that I use a model similar to a miniature potato gun and also discussed some of the other things that were going on currently. I loved his idea for the nerf gun and with a little bit more research maybe I'll be able to convert to my own idea. I already have something in mind to make it work even better then just a miniature potato gun. I love all of the things I have ran into today and even most of my day consisting of work has been relaxing and enjoyable.

Work is an interesting way to put the day because since Hammerspace is pretty far from home I got to go to work with dad today where I am currently typing this blog entry. I love it over here as well because by this point this place is familiar and inviting while also having a ton of stuff to do while I'm here that includes work that I enjoy. What I mean by "work that I enjoy" is I love working with computers even if I have to do something as trivial as say move computer cases all over the place. The interesting part about today though is that I have been doing all of that work while also being able to complete my school work that was assigned including my math work and reading. In other words today has been fruitful and indeed worth every second used on work and the best part is that no matter how much work I did today I enjoyed every second!

No comments:

Post a Comment