Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ears to the ground and eyes on the TV

 Todays work has been satisfying but todays most interesting stuff is happening outside of my life and honestly outside of my house. For example today had some wonderfully heavy rain that was absolutely perfect after the last couple of days being chalk full of hot, dry, weather that was just obnoxious. I honestly went for a long relaxing walk through the rain and came back sopping wet which is exactly what I wanted then I came home and got straight to work because while the walk was relaxing and helpful it used time that I could have been doing something like working on the research for Food insecurity which was extremely eye opening to look up.

I would go into more details on food insecurity but things are getting pretty bad with this whole government shutdown going on and even I'm fascinated to see how things will turn out. I just saw the news report on someone firing off a gun outside of the white house and how the capitol went into lock down because of it. I'm just scared to see if someone will push their luck on what they might try to do and if they do America will be in more chaos then there is right now which could end very badly for everyone. My family is suffering some of the least repercussions that any american can face at the moment so I don't know what people are going through first hand out there but I do know that people are being removed from their jobs during this government shutdown so people can't provide for their family. I know things are getting bad out there I just hope things aren't going to get worse by one bad decision from someone.

Things are getting bad but I things for me are still doing pretty good because I'm not being directly affected yet. Because of this my life goes on pretty normal at the moment but many people around the U.S. are in terror that can't be helped without this break ending. I don't stand on any side of this argument but are probably not going the way that people imagined them to go at all. Other then all of the politics going on things are just fantastic for me with David Copperfield coming along nicely and moving at a nice pace through the Watsons go to Birmingham and Ron Paul's book about today's current school economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment