Monday, October 21, 2013

Rat in a Maze

I loved this weekend primarily due to the fact that I once again headed out with the families church to go on yet another wonderful field trip. I had to set it up myself which made it even better and what can better field trip in the fall then running through a corn maze during a full moon. I certainly enjoyed to run through without a flashlight while navigating entirely by moonlight was just too much fun. I had some of the most fun I have had the entire month so far. I got to hang out with some really awesome kids around my age as well as just get lost and wander aimlessly while just rambling and laughing alongside my friends.

I seriously can't wait to go back to Hammerspace and the main reason why is because there is so many things to be done and discovered over there. I know that not many people were actually interested in my ramblings about it during my last blog entry but I am seriously happy about this place and I might just have to get some video of the place just to show you how amazing the place really is. The main reason above all other things though is that with some help my current Nerf gun design can be taken to the next level while also being created by me entirely.

Today I have finished John Steinbeck's book called Travels with Charley which is Steinbeck's travels all over America during his later years and when most people might start retiring. I was in love with this book the instant I gave it a chance due to all of the work that went into the book itself from every detail to the boats being moved by people closer to his harbor where it almost sunk his boat to his travels back to his home town where he learned just how much things had changed. I also loved his little side character which is his dog Charlie. While Steinbeck had met many other people along the way to the edge of America and back his faithful companion Charlie was there the entire step way which makes him a side character that had a lot to add to the story as a whole mainly because of how much Steinbeck refers and responds to his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment