Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Getting started right

I am seriously enjoying my new project but to let things straightened out from my last blog entry which was sadly on Monday. Instead of just explaining on how to mod a gun to an audience I am going to build my own Nerf gun instead and honestly I love it. Here is the start I have gotten on the whole thing so far. You'll need to zoom in on the picture because its a large paper that has taken over a large chunk of the wall next to my computer. The most interesting part is that I am trying to keep the aspect from the original idea and still try to teach someone on how to build this Nerf gun but who knows what might happen in the long run and maybe then I can set up a Nerf community in the area and we can start getting some Nerf wars organized. I hope to contact Freeskool soon after I get all of my thoughts sorted out. I don't know much on the whole teaching part yet but I can definitely build this gun if I can put my mind to all of this and stay focused.

The coolest part is that you might notice in the picture above that there are prices on certain items. The reason for this is to start building myself a budget and then propose the amount of money that I will need to spend to the parents. I am nowhere near ready to start presenting any of the budget yet because I still don't know what I'm going to build the nerf gun out of or what will the material cost and how much will I need. In other words I'm trying very hard to get all of the details in that I need before proposing anything to the parents. I'm having one heck of a time with this project and I am seriously enjoying a lot and for every second I think about it the more it works out in my head and can only hope now that I don't make this any harder for me then it needs to be.

This entire project comes down into just details. For example the very large cluster to the left is all about what kind of dart I want to use and the reasons why I should use it instead of the others. The only kind of ammo I vetoed is the disk type and thats because of how obnoxious it would be to use it and how to make a way to load them into the Nerf gun. The rest of it was up to the challenge and there are at least 4 different types of darts and not including duplicates of that kind of dart for a different reasons. For example the Whistler darts also have different type very similar which is used for the official Nerf dart tag tournaments. The streamline dart comes in two different varieties but I included this one because its important to know that the streamline elite dart is more expensive but also has more range and is more sturdy. Its the small details that make this all so hard and that means that I haven't started on some of the larger stuff yet but thats also why this is allowed to last an entire semester so I'm not worried about getting this done very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment