Friday, October 11, 2013

A "Grand" adventure

Everyone has those family members where they are fantastic to be around no matter whats going on and for many of people that would be on average your grandparents Grandmas and Grandfathers everywhere have made it there job to make their grand kids as happy as possible and I have not given Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Mike their proper dues as they brought me and Zoe on a trip out to Weston Missouri to go to an apple farm and I never once said anything about it on my blog until now. I have to say out first that I was so busy with other things going on that I couldn't seem to make proper time to give them their acknowledgements. Because of this I'm dedicating this first paragraph to all of those grandparents who never got their recognition. For those who might have grouchy and cruel as kids that became the true crusaders for kids throughout the world. For those that would provide us with sweets and give and give everyone a good time.

What we did over at the apple orchard or Vaughn's apple Orchard was first off we were all pretty hungry so we all sat down and ordered a nice big slab or ribs and then split the whole thing. Each person got some kind of drink but everybody but Zoe got Apple cider which was fantastic because of how fresh it tasted. Although apparently despite Grandma and Grandpa wanting leftovers they never took into account that both me and Zoe can pack away a large chunk of food . Afterwards we decided to check out the store selection that they had their but I was drawn in a bit too deeply by all of the different things in there which for me was primarily the different kinds of foods because there was a lot of random knick knacks around the place more then anything. Afterwards we were just about to start heading out but Zoe really wanted to try out some little game where you pump water from this large bucket to move a plastic duck into the other large metal bucket of water. It would have been a lot more fun if there was a chance that Zoe could win if I wasn't purposely handicapping myself. The reason why is because the pumps were for the most part an indirect test of strength where the harder you pumped the more water that came out and it didn't take much to get water coming. After the little game on the sidelines we all start heading back towards the house to sit down for a fantastic family dinner which was Chicken and Dumplings and for dessert we had some apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream. I know this sounds like a bunch of shallow food loving Galen but its all of the little things that went on while this was all going that made this so special. The thought of being able to spend time with my grandparents and the casual chatter is what topped off that day.

Outside of all of that is that things around the house are going a lot better the yesterday. I'm doing a lot better then I thought I would after waking up at 4:30 in the morning. The reason for waking up that early is to help out Zoe with getting up in time to make sure she gets herself out of trouble I won't go into detail on her predicament because thats not mine to tell. What I will say is that she is slowly filling back up her grave after digging this massive hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment