Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Getting somewhere a little bit at a time.

Today I went over to Hammer Space and continued my work on my homemade Nerf gun and I am getting somewhere but not very easily. Today I have researched the flaws of the design of the gun and some of the safety hazards that would come from a similar design and certain materials. For example if this gun exceeds a certain amount of pressure there is a chance of it either hurting someone else or the wielder of said gun due to the built of pressure being able to turn the gun into a small bomb for the most part sending shrapnel everywhere. This is just one of the many problems and honestly it isn't very encouraging.

Despite some of the problems I will be trying to continue with the model and maybe add couple of safety features too it including a air release valve directly connected to the location of the air so that if the pressure were to be too high I could safely vent out the air from the storage area. Also something important is that this gun should not get too difficult because while this gun will be something completely new to the Nerf community I am not really experienced enough to take this the extra mile that it needs to be taken. Because of this the gun should remain simple enough to fire at least one dart a large distance using the design that is being presented without causing anyone any major harm. I have heard some really bad things about air guns on the forums while I have been comparing my current notes.

Funny thing for all of you people out there is that the original for this gun is based entirely around a large potato cannon. Yes this is a cannon and not just a potato gun because the original is absolutely deadly if it were to be fired at a person. What makes this gun a lot less worse is that this is going to be scaled down to fire darts and nothing even half the size of a potato. This would be more like launching a french fry hopefully because if this turns out to be more powerful then expected I might have to have something to slow down the speed of the dart. Either way the overall design of the whole thing seems so promising and with a little bit of conversions and some help from other people at the Hammer Space I should be able to easily convert this large gun into the main mechanism for my homemade Nerf gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment