Thursday, October 10, 2013

Meeting Leif

Today was my first real meeting with Leif Masrud and I like him even more then I did originally and I already had a lot of respect for him because of how much he had helped Nate. In fact if he hadn't helped Nate in the past I don't think I would have even considered having a tutor at all. Its fascinating to think of this because if it weren't for Nate I wouldn't be getting the education that I want. I will have to thank Nate but even more important is that Leif is willing to help me with my downfalls in my Math work including Long division and Fractions which after today I have a lot more confidence doing. The coolest part is that Leif is not under the impression that all parts of math are going to be usefull in the future for example long division is rarely going to be too useful unless I'm dividing prices in the grocery store or something along those lines.

My project is coming along nicely but instead of waring on about it every day I'm going to give an update once a week and let you see the slow progression on how things are doing. The interesting thing is that probably at this rate that I will be done with the whole planning thing in a couple weeks at most. Of course thats if I keep up this pace so it probably won't be that short either with my luck. The most important part is that I don't rush to meet with some kind of deadline because once I start thinking that I need to be done by a certain point I will rush and screw things up.

Recently around the house things are getting pretty bad outside of my home school career. My little sister Zoe is going through some growing pains but the main reason why I'm so concerned about all of it is that I am going to be the person that will be babysitting her while she works on some of her problems. In other wotds I'm getting paid through all of this and it certainly helps me with whats going on with Cindy who was providing me with a steady paycheck despite it being somewhat small. I have an effect on things that are going on right now and I hope that things don't get any worse because some of the tension that's building up is almost thick enough for you to cut with a knife. Of course it will slowly start dyeing out for everyone else so this won't be that bad for long as long as no one does anything stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment