Friday, October 26, 2012

Stepping up


Yesterday I finally got my white belt! So I waited the entire day for the time to finally arive where I could go and get my belt. Now in class I am not the best student. Nor did I ever believe that I would be the best, but when I got that belt I felt amazing and better then everyone in that room. I felt like I could take on the world and then some. That night I was so proud and now I can show you some of my greatest shots in this fine hour. I know that I have much more to go in the world of martial arts but I am proud of the work that I have accomplished. Even better is that I have 3 stripes and am ready to take my test to get my next belt.

So on another note I got to go on the next field work Friday! This one as I said in another post was to the Kansas City federal money reserve. The place was able to show me many things that I never thought about. I never knew that there was even a place that regulated all of the money in the first place as I never really gave it any thought. So I decide to go in and I had to walk through the metal detector. It went off and I had to walk back through and empty my pockets. Man I REALLY need to empty my pockets. I pulled out several useless objects and some usefull objects before I could walk through. After I got inside I got to look around and see all the different places in the country that have a federal reserve. See the different kind of mint that was used during certain points in time, See how to identify counterfeit money, and got to watch how the job was done by a movie that was constantly being played.

After my field trip to the Federal reserve Zoe and I had to wait in the dentists office as Kristi had a checkup. I was very proud of how we did at the office. We were complimented by the dentists for how mature we were without being watched by anyone. Kristi was able to tell how well we were doing by how quiet we were being in the waiting room with no one there. I couldn't help but feel proud as I read on in Nothing to Envy. Which despite how depressing the book was couldn't dampen my pride in what we had accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment