Thursday, October 18, 2012

Outside the Box

Today I had absolutely nothing to write about so I had to get some help. I was pacing and bashing on myself to try and find something to write about but all I could come up with was something exactly like yesterdays entry. Well I couldn't let that happen at all as we all know if someone repeated something over and over the repeated object would become obsolete. So I talked to my dad at about 10:00 PM and we finally came up with a topic. A topic I am not to thrilled about typing but it is better then repeating yesterday's entry. The topic is based off of what I notice during my walks around the neighborhood. To be completely honest I barely pay attention to my surroundings but I guess it's better then repeats.

The walks start every day at 10:00 AM where I lock the door and close all of the windows around the house. The drive way has been cracked since we moved into the complex. I have wondered how it became so riddled with cracks and elevations but I hike upward to the sidewalk where leaves litter the ground. The leaves are usually orange or a deep red. They are almost comforting like rose petals along the green and brown grass which slowly dies as winter approaches around the corner swiftly. I run across  the second road which there is always at least three cars parked along the side of the road. None touch the grass but one car which you can tell has beaten the grass to death which it has stopped growing and disappeared where the grass should be. I take a right turn on the 3rd or 4th road and walk up the uphill incline to a road lined with brown and yellow leaves. Why is it that the leaves are different colors over here then the ones along the road next to my house. A long sidewalk leads me to the 4th and final road I walk to return to my road leading to my house. The sidewalk is as broken as my driveway and the gutters are in the same state as well. I let my feet guide me to my destination as I am to busy thinking about whatever might pop into my head. Only coming out of my thoughts to turn or to shield my eyes from the bright sun which is always in my eyes while walking along the 1st and 2nd street. I walk the path I used to walk when I first moved to this complex about 3 years back to the beginning road to continue my work and to rest to repeat the process the next day and the day to come. The process seems to never end but all things come to an end for something else to begin and thus the cycle repeats and the world changes around me each day as I saunter down my roads which shall always lead back home.

An homage to Catcher in the Rye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment