Friday, October 12, 2012

"Field" Work Friday

so today was my 4th field work Friday. The key word there is work. I havn't made it very clear by saying field day Friday so I decided to point that out while I still remember too. I also have some new books that I got for my work in continuing Economics. The first one is Economics for dummies, the second one is Nothing to Envy, and the one I am the most interested in is SuperFreakonomics. For these books we would be willing to accept some new ways of work other then essay questions so if anyone has any recommendations don't hesitate to comment. Speaking of Freakonomics, Kristi and I watched the Freakonomics movie today for the work of the day.

The Freakonomics movie released some content that wasn't even in the book. For example they had an experiment where they tried to bribe ninth graders to get them through high school. There was some people that this worked on but other then that the rest of the students didn't take the bribe and failed most of their classes. The bribe was 50 dollars and a chance to enter in a lottery that had a prize of 500 dollars and the chance to ride in a jeep limo. You would think that more would have taken the bribe but no the bribe didn't work that well and wasn't really what I expected when they said that it only helped pass 37-40 kids. The movie went into more detail about things that were actually from the book like corruption in sumo wrestling. and the name dilemma that is only about do names actually have an impact on a persons future. Of course the main impact on a child's future is his family and neighborhood but names have a large impact on the future like getting a job.

This morning consisted of sitting down at a table and working on my current math packet. The work is point slope form and it is a pain. I worked out how much work I will have to do daily and it should work out properly if I do 6 problems every day until Monday and then on Monday I just do 6 and the last problem and I will be done. Of course in order for this to work I actually have to stay on top of the work over the weekend. The cool part is that I got to try a new restaurant that is not really that new, I just have never eaten there before. This place is known as Jimmy Johns and I think I am one of the only people that I know that hasn't eaten there once until today. It wasn't the most impressive but they still make a pretty darn good sandwich. I think the reason I liked it though is because I ordered a sandwich that had bacon on it. Who doesn't like bacon, Other then the people that don't like bacon of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment