Monday, October 22, 2012

Khan Overload

Today I was assigned a whole load of math. 2 videos and 5 different exercises to complete. I never got around to doing the exercises. I do know that I was having a hard enough time trying to stay focused on just the videos without going off topic. I just have had one of those kind of days that no matter what you do you cannot stay focused. Started this morning when I got only about 7 hours of actual sleep. Even if I did get some caffeine this morning I just can't really stay very focused. Today has kinda reminded me when I was so distracted that I almost decided to put the trash from upstairs in the washing machine. I am quite glad I didn't or else That washing machine wouldn't be in our garage anymore.

I have another paper coming up. This paper instead of writing about Adrian Mole I'm planning on writing a paper on the Freakonomics series. The reason is because these two books have single handedly changed my perspective on my future job choice and I would just love to see what I could do with the paper on a subject like this. I honestly have no idea where to start or how the paper will end. I hope that the two books can even be put into a paper but if not I think that I can find something else to write about. The paper might be about Catcher in the Rye if Freakonomics fails. Even then If I don't think Catcher in the Rye will work then I guess I can find something else.

I have mentioned my 3rd book Nothing to Envy before. I think this book is just getting more and more interesting. The fact that the regime in North Korea is just a modified version of Communism is almost shocking that the people don't do anything about it. The people are almost brain washed by their leader and can't do anything about it if they don't know. The fact that they will be reported by each others neighbors is altogether shocking as that someones closest friend may report them to the authorities and get them sent in to the mines for the rest of their life and that there is no way to return to your old life after you fall in rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment