Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weekend fun!

Alright I owe everyone here a long blog entry so buckle up and enjoy because I have a lot to say about many things! Starting off is the reason why I haven't posted lately is that on Friday I had headed out early to attend my float trip and then yesterday even if I did post something it wouldn't have been very good because I only had an hour left in the day before I had to go to bed and then it would be rushed if it was of good quality. Even then to be honest I didn't want to post because I did not have anytime to relax yesterday and I decided to use that hour for some time to myself.

Now onto the float trip that I had mentioned so much. I thoroughly enjoyed the float trip because of the people I was with and the activities were fun. The only problem I had was the lack of sleep before the trip left me drowsy and even noxious at some points of the day. When I had finally gotten to riding in the boat I was running on adrenaline and splashes of cold water for most of the day and went to bed early to get a really long sleep.

Enough of the downsides though on to the parts that I enjoyed. The most fun I had on the trip was in that canoe and riding along with everyone else. I started out in one boat with a man named Dan who was in control of steering most of the time while I was in charge of creating speed and helping turn when there was some really hard turns or rapids. Later on I switched with a kid named Logan to help him and his friend calm down because they were just about at the verge to start strangling each other. Logan has ADHD and forgot his medications before going on the trip so Chris knew Logan on his meds but this was his first time seeing how Logan is without them. Anyway I switched places and as soon as me and Chris got to our first rapids we tipped into the river. Sadly no one came to help us until our pastor Shane came along and helped get the water out of the boat and set it upright for us to get back in. Pastor Shane even followed close by to make sure that we didn't tip again and then finally we picked up the pace and soon me and Chris were leading the group to the end of the river and got their 3rd because we had waited so long for people to catch up that we managed to fall behind when some of the other sponsors for trip caught up and told us where to go.

After getting back on Sunday I went out for lunch with Grandma Kathy who is currently watching the household and me. Along for the ride was Zoe, Grandma Debbie, and Grandpa Mike. We ate at a place called Cheddars and because of a need for a good blog and some good ideas I decided to give a review of the restaurant for you. To start off I will say that despite everything I am about to say I truly enjoyed my experiences there. The main problems that I had consisted of environment. The reason why I didn't like it is that they serve meals that are based around comfort foods and homely comforting foods. But instead of a relaxed atmosphere the place was fancy with every employee dressed in ties and looked like waiters from a restaurant much like Aixois which you might remember as the fancy French restaurant that was a reward for finishing my first part of Pimsleur French. Next up is that while they are dedicated to serving comfort it is comfort food from all over the world. I had a chicken alfredo, Zoe had a hamburger, Grandpa Mike had chicken tenders, Grandma Kathy and Debbie both had a Monte Cristo. This is only the main meal as well because this isn't including dessert where I had a monster cookie with ice cream, whip cream, and a cherry on top. the grandmas and zoe shared a huge slice of chocolate cake. In other words the menu was all over the place. The place has an advantage over my last reviewed restaurant which was the Rusty Horse Tavern because Cheddars can be seen from the highway easily. I was mentioning the appearence of the restaurant earlier and I have wondered if it is influenced by the fact that it is a popular place for people to go to after church but still for a place that is meant to be relaxing and calm it seemed a little up tight. I also loved the service in Cheddars because while the servers were dressed a little out of theme they were very nice and weren't too needy and were there only when you needed them. In all as I mentioned earlier I enjoyed it here and also the food was fantastic so I would give the place a 6/10 only because of its inconsistency but that doesn't matter because I would go back to try everything on the menu.

Last but not least today's work has been fairly easy despite maybe this blog which has been taking me a while. Math is coming along nicely and I am finally past Oliver Twist and I am now onto A Christmas Carol which is also just as good but this one I have seen enough details before to make it not as fun. I also realize there isn't that much difference between the book and the movie so far and the book is moving really fast for such a renowned book. I have already gotten past the part where Mr. Ebeneezer Scrooge has met his dead business partner and has been told of the three other ghosts that will help him be rid of the sins of his past. If you haven't read the book or watched the movie this is just one of them that you should stop reading this and go find either or and start. This book is a classic and should be read by everyone. I don't care if you just watch the movie either but still just make sure that you see it in someway. Anyway I hope you enjoyed today and have a good day yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment