Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Test of Will

Today I have gotten sick with a simple head cold but on the worst possible day! Today is my belt testing and I have not gotten sick since about 2 years ago. This is absolute bull and I won't allow one little runny nose to stop me from getting done what needs to be done up at the dojo. Because of this I have also been powering through my work today and have gotten done within a reasonable amount of time. I enjoy being able to do some work whenever I can but this head cold is not making things easier and so far this week is not going in my favor.

I was told to that on my list of things to do today was to talk about doing something new and different that I could do this week. I've discussed this with Kristi and talked about it a little bit I think last week and while all of the ideas are good I have this habit of letting anything exciting come to me. Some might call this oppurtunistic but Kristi calls it being reactive instead of being proactive. I understand that I am being a reactive person and waiting for something. Despite all of this I am willing to change right now but am not in the best moods to do anything out of the ordinary right now. Because of this I might just end up going to Made to Serve this week which I may have gone before I haven't been in a very long time.

I enjoy doing some new things but I have always waited for something interesting to come to me. This comes from the fact that I have never had to do anything based entirely on my decision and the fact that I can't make up my mind on anything without some kind of help from someone else. For example on my indecisiveness manner is that I can't even decide what kind of toppings that I want on my pizza without asking someone else what they may want on their pizza or what everyone else is interested in. I could change my ways but until given a reason like almost every other time before this I won't even when trying. In other words another little hidden form of incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment