Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tae Kwon Do: Moving around

I forgot to mention that my dojo has moved to a new location which isn't that far from where it originally was but it is a little farther away but much bigger with some new equipment in the place. I am quite happy with how smoothly the move went considering that it only took about 1 week total in order to move everything from the old building and get everything that we wanted to keep into the new building. I love it although the setup is very different from the old dojo it is still much better for everyone to use this new one and then there will be something new moving into the old dojo area.

Not much going on lately honestly but there is always something to go over no matter how little is going on at any point in time. For example there is the fact that watching some of the new shows on TV for me is more of a chore than some kind of relaxation. The reason why I mention this is because I was thinking back to my comment on Rachael and Guy cookoff which I enjoyed but if I wasn't ever told that it was apart of my curriculum then I probably wouldn't have ever really watched it if it wasn't on the TV at the time. This may seem random no matter how much I make this out to be but there is also the fact I don't want to be this complete stranger who just happens to be typing up all of this stuff for people to enjoy but then no one really knows who I am if I haven't met face to face. The point of this is saying that I want to become a little bit more loose on my blog where I'm not so uptight on my blog and the best way to start is sharing some harmless details about myself with the audience. I doubt that anyone is reading this blog to use something in this against me to get money from my family or something equally outlandish so why shouldn't I try to a bit more friendly to the audience.

This may be jumping right back into shallow normal Galen but I still have to keep some of my blog about my home school to keep up records. This isn't a bad thing because there is quite a bit to do during the home school day that isn't just outright boring from putting it in the same sentence as school. Of course, that could also just be in my head and everything I do is absolutely boring to someone else out there. I don't care though so I thought I might go over what I have been reading on Kristi's nook called A Glass Castle: A memoir. This book is just amazingly sad for me but also eye opening because I live in a very nice house where I take many things for granted and there is someone with two very different parents where one is an alcoholic genius with a temper to match his level of smarts and then the authors mom is also just a little bit strange as well for many reasons I couldn't point out on my own. To be honest I can't really explain most of what happens in this book other then go and pick up the book somewhere and read it to understand what I'm talking about. This maybe a biography of one child but by no means is it boring and sometimes it will leave you dumbfounded over what you have just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment