Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day at work

Today I was given the option to go to work with dad and now that I am a little bit older I had a lot more fun over there today then the last couple of times. I had a lot of fun doing stuff as simple as taking apart computers and then deciding which computers were even usable. Some of the most fun I had today was the point leading up to working on an Apple computer which let me point something out about why this alone is interesting. I was raised by my dad who is utterly and thoroughly against any kind of Apple product in any way. He won't even let an iPod inside the house which goes to show that some of this might rub off on me. I have better reasons for not liking Apple now then I did back as a child but I'm not here to get into an argument about why its bad or why its good.

I go up to dads work and just help out every once in a while but then there is his boss Chris who is really cool. Well he is the one that wanted me to work on the Mac/Apple computer. When I responded to his question of "Do you let your kid touch macs?" with "I prefer not to." led to a laugh and this line which I love to death. Chris said and I quote " I taught my kids not to pick up the turds in the sandbox and you taught your kid to not touch a mac. I know this isn't that funny for me telling you through the blog but its one of those situations that have to be seen in context with everything else happening around in order for it to make sense.

I had a lot of fun today but there is also the fact that there was an alternative today. Instead of going to dads work I could have gone with Kristi to made to serve instead which would have led to a different kind of day. I could have ended up going to Go Chicken Go ( not Chick Filet ) and talking with one of Kristi's old teachers after going out feeding the homeless. I know that probably could have been more interesting but I felt like going out to dads job and working with the computers and helping out there but I also feel bad for not helping out the homeless. I don't regret what I chose but still it is a lingering decision I could have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment