Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Testing for Skills

My next testing in Tae Kwon Do is tomorrow and it is kind of scary because we will be testing in the new dojo for the first time which they may boast more floor space they sadly lack even that because half of the floor is divided by the practice bags and that side is for practicing your forms and stretching so its kinda awkwardly shaped so even if we moved the bags the floor would still be a wierd shape and accomplishing things on both sides just wouldn't work out that well. Since this is testing we'll see how this goes for me and for everyone because the experience is going to be very different for everybody.

Today was extremely fun inside Hillcrest thritshop. I enjoy being the TV guru which is the little nickname I earned in the thriftshop due to the amount of time I spend working on TVs. Today I spent all of the time before lunch activating the TVs, reorganizing the shelves, cleaning and setting prices for new TVs, and getting everything in a good order before settling down for my lunch. There wasn't anything special for lunch and I don't really know how to describe Methodists casserole but for anyone that knows what I'm talking about I had that with some really good green beans.

I work hard outside of must the electronics area though because electronics only get you about half way through the day. One of my favorite parts of the day was near the end where I got to smash a really cheap desk with a sledgehammer and that stuff is just too much fun. It reminds me of the time I helped with demo at Kristi's church. I honestly enjoy destroying things because we can always destroy stuff but we can't without dire consequences most of the time so when it is actually your job there is a massive feeling of satisfaction that can't be found anywhere else. Still I do some odd jobs around like carry things to the dumpster, fixing furniture, or just moving stuff around which is the most common job for me. I love working over there and the fact that people over there are so nice and that the work is easy enough if you don't mind lifting some stuff leaves me wanting to go back its the same for some of the other there that aren't exactly volunteering.

No comments:

Post a Comment