Monday, September 9, 2013

Working with Money

Welcome back to a new week of home school. I have been working on improving my credit and I bet you can guess what that means I have been doing. I have been saving all of the money that passes by me at any opportunity I have. I also have had a long standing deal with my dad for a good year that has allowed me to make even more money to build my credit. What we have agreed to is that when I reach a predetermined amount then my dad will match it and then we will deposit the money into a CD. Well things have changed from that original agreement and now I'm going to be #investing to build my credit instead. I forget the name of the actual company that will be helping me start investing but that's where my money is going.

I have learned a few things about investing thanks to my dad who was there to help me get through today's work. Usually Kristi would have been the one that drove me around but today dad has the day off so he was able to help me out with many of these things. I learned about high volatility profiles which have a higher chance of losing money but when you gain money it is usually more money then a low volatility profile. Also I learned about rates into depth a little bit more for example CD's have a higher rate of interest then a savings account and investing has higher rates based on volatility. Pretty simple stuff and this helps me out with a lot of what I'm working towards which is independence in the world of money.

Today started out pretty awesome as well to compliment the entire day. Most of this was discussed over breakfast and where we ate brought back some good memories. The reason for this is because we went to eat at Corner Cafe which I don't know if anyone here knows this but is where I started my first day of home school. It felt appropriate due to the fact that this is still the beginning of the year and also the start of financial independence. Besides even if those don't seem like good enough for you then Corner Cafe has some fantastic breakfast food and I can't tell you about later in the day because we haven't ever gone for lunch or dinner there.

No comments:

Post a Comment