Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cookies!

I made some really awesome cookies today and they are the exact same cookies as the last few batches I made. but before I go into that let me start out with how hard I made today for myself. I feel really bad about this because usually when my school day goes wrong it is usually about the curriculum or something I don't feel ready for and not the fact that I am feeling like making my life miserable. For example for todays math work I was given one problem which was just 3/10 of 3.50 well I was over thinking it so much that I needed to go out and get some money to do the diagram required and then smack myself over the complete simplicity of it. Then when making the cookies I was once again slipping into my old habits and not reading the instructions and then nearly screwing up the entire recipe and a 6 dozen batch of cookies. I feel like the little boy who cried wolf over and over and then instead of the the wolf actually coming the little boy turns around and dresses like a wolf and before he could keep the people from doing something bad he ends up in a terrible spot where I won't go into detail.

Lets put that behind us though and get onto the cookies that I baked properly with pictures I have arranged all of the pictures on the side in order of what happened. The first picture is of the mat that I used for making these cookies called outlaw cookies. I absolutely love them to death but the parents are more fond of the Lemon cookies on the other side of the mat. The prep work took a while but its not worse the preparing some good Pad Thai. The longest part of pad thai is the prep work and this is the same thing but because of all of the prep it makes doing everything a lot easier in the long run. Next picture is the pouring of everything into the mixing bowl and then giving everything a good stir. The picture after that is the final product of the dough, then the cookies beign put onto their sheet, and then finally is the finished cookies. I am sorry to anyone that tries this recipe and it doesn't look the same I know that it may sound strange to say this but I mentioned almost screwing up on the cookies earlier and thats what I'm referring too.


 I am doing pretty well other then my spinny moments today but those are also the most important parts. The reason for this is because I learned more from those moments of screwing up then the entire day worth of work to accomplish the same goal. I have had some problems with anger in the past not only making my life miserable but also letting my thoughts get clouded much too easily. The reason why I mention that is because I usually am reminded of one my favorite sayings.

"For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The reason why I love this saying is because of what it represents. It says to me that we always have a choice in what we do and that despite what you think you can always change what you don't like in life. And because of that you can decide whether you want to be angry or if you want to be sad and mopey instead of doing something. For the longest time I didn't want to do anything other then just get mad and let it boil and then I remember that I don't have to let that happen and then I can live my life easier and let some of the minor problems go. Just because you can decide does not mean that you give up on serious problems like a kid goes missing but that does mean that you don't have to stress yourself over minor things all the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment