Friday, September 6, 2013

Reflect, Review, Remember

I have a new assignment for my blog today and that is to compare this year and last years home school at about this time last year. Honestly Fridays have never been hard, Thursdays and Wednesdays were pretty mediocre unless I was doing anything special but the beginning of the weeks are always hectic. This year is even more hectic then last year because I have more responsiblity this year then last year. I have been working very hard lately and I am going to be talking to the parents personally over things when I can to see if we can make things a little bit easier for me but that isn't important at the moment. I was told to compare this point in the year to last year at around this point. At this point last year I was still in meltdown after working on the word problems. I don't have those problems anymore but I still remember vividly working through many of my problems last year and then going through an extremely long day of catch up work. Also I remember last year of bursting into tears over the word problems saying that they were too much at the time. Not a couple of weeks later I was back to doing the same amount of word problems in no time flat and even more. Those were some of the most interesting days of home school I have ever experience but only because of how new it was to me at the time. Nowadays I am stressed in the beginning of the week but calm down the farther I get into the week. It all resets on Monday morning but I want to see if they start calming down instead of getting harder.

I never mentioned this on the blog but I kinda had a meltdown again much like last year from the work. I am starting to think that something is just going to make a new year for me very hard to get into no matter how hard I try. Its like a square trying to fit into a circle it just doesn't work until the square gets smaller or the circle gets bigger. Either way one has to adjust and I hope we can just come halfway somehow. Other then that things have gotten fairly quiet around the house now.

I also want to say something about how the parents are doing on there vacation. I am absolutely astounded to see how well things are going for them and Kristi has been doing then she has over here in a long time. There is no stress for her at all up in the cabin with little to no responsibility. I am just so happy to see how things are going and I honestly couldn't give what they have up there right now to them if I wanted too. They are also going to be visiting their friend and the tutor for my brother Leif Masrud. I am also going to be trying to have him as tutor as well to not only provide him with work but to also keep me up to speed on my math which is commonly known on this blog that I am falling behind in. I am glad to help out and I'm willing to try some tutoring so when the parents are ready I am willing and I am so happy to see that everything is doing fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment