Thursday, September 5, 2013

Viewing of The Butler

Welcome back everyone to yet another blog entry and I am proud to say I have something new to talk about. Today as apart of my curriculum I have watched The Butler at the movie theater and I absolutely enjoyed it. It is the story of a man named Cecil Gaines who worked as a butler in the White house through the american civil rights movement. Gaines is a African american citizen and started out his long trek through his life at a cotton plantation where his father was killed and his mom went crazy. This sounds like a really bad start but what makes this all so fascinating is that this entire movie is based off of a real events. Tomorrows work is going to be figuring out what is facts and whats lies so I'll be going into deeper detail at that point.

I think I have gotten much better at writing my blog entries. The reason why I say this is that I have been able to include something interesting in each blog entry whenever I do post when last year I was looking for filler
a lot. Now I have an idea on the fly that works for the blog even if there isn't anything going on I don't have to sit down and wear on everyone with the daily boring routine. I am so glad that I have figured out all of this now and that I won't have to go back to do that for a while.

I still have some kind of work today and that happens to be baking! I'm not just going to be baking though I am going to be helping a friend of Kristi with a tool in the kitchen. I would love to go into more detail on it but I don't know how to type it out here and make it sound the way it is supposed without it sounding like nothing more then a blank piece of paper. In order to avoid this I am just going to be explaining that this is going to help this friend of Kristi and that I get to enjoy baking. I will also be going over the pros and cons of this tool and if I can I might be able take a picture of it but I think that it might be a bad idea because it isn't patented yet so probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment