Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Still going

Welcome back everyone from the three day long break. For this blog it was about 4 days and here is my explanation. The reason for the 4 day long break from there being any posts is because I was shipped off for half of this weekend to work on a writing course for Landry academy. It was a 2 day full writing course that usually would have costed $300 but in this case since only one person had signed up they had decided to let him invite others to the class completely for free. I honestly didn't even know the boy until I got to class but when I got there I got to meet a lot of other home schoolers. I was amazed to find other kids my age at this class who were also home schooled. In fact there was only one person in the entire class that wasn't home schooled which was my cousin Abby on Kristi's side of the family. I was baffled even more to find that I seemed to get along with all of the boys there as the kids in public school were part of the reason why I wanted to leave.

I had a lot of fun while I was gone this weekend despite not being familiar with anything over in that area. I was staying at grandma and grandpa Attwood's house while I was participating in the writing class. First off I got to go and try out some slot car racing with my cousins which was certainly interesting when all three of us started resorting to cheating in order to beat each other. For example my cousin Max started unplugging my car controller when I went to go and put my car back onto the track and Calvin, the other cousin that was with me picked up my controller and floored it if Max hadn't unplugged my controller. I ended up doing the same thing to both of them after the started which leaves me no better then the other two so I guess everyone lost that day. We all had a lot of fun with the racing and the running around the track to reset our car to stay in the lead. This wasn't all of the time that I had with my cousins because there was also the grand kids only barbecue. At this point we all got together and cooked hot dogs over an open fire, played bean bags, and at the end of the day we were all playing apples to apples which can always be interesting.

Also just yesterday I got to learn to ride one of dad's scooters. Of course I am not talking about the ones which you push with your feet because that isn't really worth much excitement to me at this point where I can ride a bicycle with minimum effort. I am talking about the motorized version which requires a license to ride around anywhere legally. This was certainly fun considering how well it went for Nate and I for the actual lessons which we learned fairly easily. I felt really fantastic when we actually hopped on and rode a couple of laps which I will say now was not illegal because we were in a parking lot with no one else there but the three of us and adult supervision. I have to say this weekend wasn't bad at all in any way shape or form. The extra work made the weekend seem much longer then it actually was but that is completely beside the point. The reason for that is because I still had an equivalent amount of a weekend due to the extra day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment