Monday, April 22, 2013

Flash back

Today I was given the assignment to look at this link which led me to a wiki page on Maslow's hierarchy of needs. This is fairly interesting because this was assigned do to my entry on last Friday about rebuilding a civilization. If you pay attention to the chart I managed to consider some of the most important things on the chart. I know it may be pretty basic thought that everyone needs food and shelter but it is harder to think of those kind of things on the fly. One of the more interesting things I mentioned was the currency which this occurred to me when I thought of today's currency in comparison to Midas's currency from Atlas shrugged. I am quite proud of that post because I actually used some of my economic lessons without even knowing it.

I have started a new book to replace Atlas shrugged and while Atlas was a good book I am happy to have that one out of the way and to focus on some more free reading. The new book is the Lord of the Flies and it is already off to an interesting start with the kids alone on an island with no help coming. I'm truly enjoying this book so far but I intend to inch my way through this book purely for the purpose of stretching out my curriculum as much as I can at the moment. The total amount of kids that crashed on the island were never mentioned yet but by the sounds of it there is quite a bit of them. I look forward to seeing where this book leads me.

This week is my belt testing and more. This week for the entire family is going to be extremely busy for everyone. I hope that due to this that I can have some more interesting entries for everyone out there. I will be giving a entry on tomorrow where I will be doing my average day as well as go and eat at the Rusty Horse Tavern. Then Wednesday will be belt testing as well as my little sister Zoe's birthday which will be interesting in its own rights. Then there is going to be even more this week to come so there should be quite a bit more to talk about and I hope to be able to deliver some meat to this blog


No comments:

Post a Comment