Thursday, April 25, 2013

Testing for Yellow

Blue belt form
Sparring
Sword Form

Welcome back everyone and here are the videos for my testing. Special thanks to my brother Nate for helping me out with the recording or else there wouldn't have been anything to give anyone. Go ahead and watch them but I will be going over certain details about the testing that you can see a little bit better if you watch all three. Enjoy them and then continue with the blog.

First off is my Blue belt form which I am quite proud of but when I actually watch it myself it makes me feel pretty stupid. For example whenever I was supposed to do the elbow uppercut at 0:25-0:29 I got confused and it made me feel pretty silly when I heard after testing that the teachers had been praising my ability in Tae Kwon Do throughout the entire class. Of course In comparison to some of the other kids that were testing that night I guess I was doing pretty darn good.

Next up is sparring and this one was a bit interesting. I had been preparing for sparring for longer then anything else In Tae Kwon Do but when I finally got out for testing sparring everything that I had thought of was simply dashed out of the way. The entire class was supposed to be doing testing sparring which is supposed to mean that there is no contact whatsoever. I ended up getting pared up with a future black belt
( currently black belt ) and because of him I had to switch to normal sparring which is full contact and no holding back. This put a stop to some of the techniques that I was wanting to do and leaving me clumsy and confused through most of the sparring class.

Finally there is the Sword form which is by far where I shined the most in testing. I felt extremely proud of my sword form and even from the beginning I was able to go through the form with ease. I only screwed up at about 0:50 and that was so I didn't end up beating up one of my friends while testing. In all I was doing pretty good on this day and I am glad on the progress that I have made. I hope to do this a little bit more often and there are some other events coming up for me so we'll see where those go.

No comments:

Post a Comment