Friday, September 7, 2012

Field Day Friday

Before we start everything about my actual trip I want to tell you about my lunch. My lunch was at a place called Rosedale BBQ. This place was an amazing treat and could easily be on one of my top restaurants in kansas city. It was as the name described a BBQ joint but a famous one at that. It simply stole my heart with a bite of pulled pork sandwich and its old fashioned feel. This place is famous as one of the oldest restaurants in the city. In fact even presidents have eaten at this magnificent place. I mean who wouldn't want to eat here as it even has the old fashioned soda. You know the ones in the glass bottles.

What do you people think is the American Dream? I believe that it is all about having an equal country. Some may think that it's to be as wealthy as possible. being rich and wealthy in life is what happened in today's field trip which was also a Documentary called Queen of Versailles. This may sound like a chick flick but it is nowhere near it. In fact it is about a man named David Seigal and his wife Jackie Seigal. They both were living the dream as the richest time share owners in all of America. But they end up losing everything due to there stubbornness and lack of self control. Though this may sound sad (which it is) they did to themselves by not doing anything about the known problems. By the way I have posted the video on this entry for you to see

There were a several ironic things in this movie but I will only tell you a couple of them. For example one thing is that David was worrying about his children's college careers. Only because despite all of his glorious wealth did not store any money for college for ANY of his 8 kids.This was one of the many depressing things about this movie as nothing was dealt with when they had the chance to do so. Another thing is that Davids wife, Jackie seemed to have no respect for the man bringing home all of the money so they could buy all of the expensive stuff that they were buying. Including the garage full of bikes multiple copies of board games including 3 different copies of operation. I mean seriously what was wrong with this girl. And even worse is that she wondered why her husband was getting so mad at here as if she had ruined his life. Which even if she didn't ruin his life she was just making it worse.

Here's a quote from the movie that I would like to go into more detail about that really messed with me. "Everybody wants to be rich. If they don't want to be rich they want to feel rich. If they don't want to feel rich they are probably dead." What the heck is up with you! What kind of materialist are you. I mean seriously I know a many good people that don't want to be rich. Including me of all people. Mainly because I feel that my life right now is good enough the way it is. And yes being rich may give you a sense of entitlement but it also weakens you. For example if you were like David and had everything then lost it all you would be so used to having everything served to you on a silver platter things would feel so terrible that it would literally tear your life to shreds. I don't want to be rich for mainly this reason only because that depending on something to that kind of extent is good for no one.

This day altogether is one of my best days of home school yet but I am not done with this blog yet. I have found a very interesting thought train hidden in all of this documentary. We will always work our way up the chain no matter what. Also including me in some weird way. For example with me it's school. I started in a low part of Missouri and worked my way up to Parkville. but not really, I just got there because it was the best school district in Missouri. But even then I was not satisfied, I needed more then the best I needed specialized. Thus it led to the decision for home school. Which once again was not my thought but the parents. Though either way it was my decision to do so. Thusly we all wish to be above everyone else. And so I end with this question for you people reading my blog. How much is to much?

No comments:

Post a Comment