Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Circle of School

As most might know I finished my Freakonomics  paper during the last week. Although this might be an amazing occasion for me and some family it does not all end there. Today I have been given the task to come up with an idea for a new opinion paper. I know it may be a concern that it might take just as long as the Freakonomics paper, but now that I have the experience as well as no amazingly difficult months like November and December then this should take a lot less time Then the first paper.

I really have started to get to the point of missing my friends from when I was in public school. I don't really have any idea why I haven't contacted them yet this year. I haven't said hi to any of my old friends except for 1 who lives in my neighborhood. What's even more sad is the fact that I have all of their phone numbers and I haven't heard from any of them because for some strange reason I just decided that I didn't want to call anyone. Maybe because I'm afraid that they may not remember who I am. I remember them quite fondly but from what I've heard they have moved on. I'll give it all some more thought but for now I'll wonder some more about my friends.

I have been doing my basic work for today and nothing interesting is currently going on other then the subjects going on above. I have been reading a new book called " An Invisible Thread." The book is about two people one is a kid the age of 11 the other is an adult age 34 and working a successful life at as a advertising sales executive for USA Today. This book takes place within New york city and it starts out on September 1, 1986 which the book follows the main character who goes by laura who was walking through downtown and ran across a small boy whose name is Maurice. Maurice is a panhandler who asked Laura for some change. Out first Laura ignores Maurice but for some strange reason comes back and offers Maurice lunch. The book starts out strange and considering that about 20 pages are all intro I haven't gotten very far into the book yet so I don't really know much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment