Monday, January 14, 2013

Back in action!

Today I have returned to working on my Freakonomics paper. Seriously this is taking a lot longer then I have thought. In fact I have high belief that most people have forgotten about the paper altogether. I assure you that it is going to be finished soon if it is the last thing I do. I want to be able to post the essay on the blog but without it done there is very little that I can truly do. I hope to have it all done by the end of the month but if it isn't then we will at least finish by the end of the year maximum.

Python work continues and it is not getting any easier. Work now consists of making the work respond to different words when they are typed. Of course this makes things interesting when I work on setting up my password and then getting it to say access granted or denied. Of course this is doesn't require much work but when you think of how simple it is to type in a password it wouldn't really help out much in the long run. The fact is that this is all still really cool and fun to work with.

I remember typing about Nujood in the blog entry on Friday last week. Well I have been told in my instructions from today to type up some specific facts about Nujood. A couple of these I have answered already within my last blog entry but I have also been given permission to copy and paste answers so lets begin. First fact is her history and who she is. First off she is a little girl who grew up in a very small village in Yemen. Yemen is south of Saudi Arabia and West of Oman. Nujood was married at the young age of 10 and was abused the entire time until she finally managed to become divorced.I accidentally answered the second question already which was where she lives. I guess that means that I have get to move onto the hardest question which is what if this happened to my little sister Zoe. First off I would have to confront my parents and get some sense back into there heads as none of the arranged marriages can truly be arranged unless the parents approve. That would mean that dad would have arranged for Zoe to marry at the age of 10 and that someone would have to do something about his stupidity. If the parents did nothing about any of this then I would go out and help Zoe get away from her "Husband" as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment