Friday, January 11, 2013

Books

Another weekend has come along so time to wrap up the week with some details. I have been working on my books mainly above all else. One of the books that I never mentioned but have already finished is "I am Nujood, age 10 and divorced." This story takes place within Yemen. As the title says the book follows a little girl age 10 who ends up getting married against her will who works for a divorce. The book is quite sad to read as you follow a girl who had her childhood taken from her without any consent and no respect for what she might think.It gets worse as her husband abuses without even a day to get to know her. In fact her husband throughout the entire book does not even know her first name.

Working with my computer makes things easier I hop on. The more code that I learn the easier all of the computer is to work as I can run commands that help me get through some of the harder problems. This includes my computer acting up I can run a command and get everything working with minimal effort. Even better I don't need any anti virus software to keep my computer clean. Even cooler is that I can have several windows open at the same time and the computer runs still as smooth as ever.

Today I was going through my challenges from Python and I came across a challenge that got me thinking. The challenge was for me to use a quote that I enjoyed and the reference it back to the person that first said the quote first. What made me start thinking is that I not only don't have a favourite quote but I don't really know that many quotes at all. After some research I decided that one of my favourite quotes was "For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness." This was written by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote and I love RWE - we will read some of his stuff together soon . . .

    ReplyDelete