Friday, November 30, 2012

books are good

I mentioned the book "The trouble with boy's yesterday." Well all of what I said was true I just thought it would be kinda fun to go even deeper into to what I said about it yesterday. Not only are girls leading in all four main subjects lately but in the lower grades boys are not fairing any better. The book mentions that there was a point in history where adults believed that after the age of 3 it was extremely hard to learn anything while at the age of 3 and younger you could learn almost anything. This was proven wrong but then there was this faze with adults signing up kids into preschool hoping for them to learn everything there. The problem here is that even a good chunk of preschools are not made for boys. In fact the book gives examples of 2 boys getting into a fight because they waited in line to long for recess.

I am currently done with my research work on the social injustice project. The overall work took about an hour every day to get the work done but I am not done with the project quite yet. I still have to Make a map of the actual injustice going on in the world. This is going to be a pretty fun project but also quite the eye opener. For example one of the things that I found today was a map that showed the overall poverty of the lee summit area. What's scary about this is that almost all of the lee summit area is deep in poverty except a small pocket which is nowhere near poverty. Another example is the homeless problem within the same area. I didn't just show problems within missouri either I got problems from all over the world and I plan on taking a picture of this map when it is made and posting it.

Today I should finish up my 2nd draft on my Freakonomics essay! It shouldn't be that hard as I have been working on it slowly during the editing process. The cool part is that it will be near done after this editing. Hopefully all that will be left is the pretty presentation pieces including double spacing and titles and whatever they want me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment