Thursday, November 29, 2012

back to normal

Recently I have been reading a book known as "The Trouble With Boys." I found out that this is part of the reason why I am in home school right now and not in the public school district. This book is all about the extending gap between boys and girls in the school districts within the united states. The problem is that that gap with the girls leading is only getting bigger leaving us boys in the dust in the subjects we used to be extremely good in. In fact we used to excel in Math and Science while girls ruled in writing and reading. Sadly now the girls lead in all four of these.

One of my side work assignments within my home school is Social injustices. I am researching acts of social injustice around the world then me and Kristi are going to fill in a map with the locations of social injustice. The hard part about this is finding recent articles that actually help with the assignment as I found some articles from 2005 and even 2003  in my search so far and I am not allowed to use them. I find this assignment quite difficult but eye opening all at the same time.

Work is coming along nicely. I hope to have my Freakonomics paper readable by the end of December minimum. I know that it will not take that long to finish but there is still a chance of it being dragged out way to long. In fact I'm guessing is that if it goes out to long then the adults are going to set a deadline on the assignment. The paper is doing fine for now but there is still room to improve. I will also have to go back and double space and all the other fancy paper things necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment