Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day!

So today everybody is finally voting. I think that it is about time. I mean seriously I have been getting tired of answering the phone and getting all of these political questions. Did you know that Mitt Romney did ( fill in the blank ) and you shouldn't vote for Obama. I really don't care at all. In fact this is pretty much been an entire day about the government. I started the day watching Rachel Ray ( not very political ), then I read Economics for Dummies, went on to learn about voting on Khan Academy, then spent the rest of the day reading out of a large social studies textbook. Pretty annoying day and I am going to become a very mean person if I have to hear one more word about Election other then it is finally over.

I was told for my blog to comment on a quote from John Wesley. The quote was
"I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them, 1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy: 2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against: And, 3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.
I believe that all of this quote is pretty easy to translate, but this is all about opinion here.

So lets begin with 1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy. Pretty much it is do not vote for money for the person you chose. I didn't even know that people voted if bribed but it must have been there at one point or another. Either way this is pretty important to remember that we are voting for our new leader not for money. Maybe by voting for one person you can save yourself money in some way but still this might be the one thing that he was warning about.

Next up is number 2.To speak no evil of the person they voted against. I like this guy the more I read. I agree with this guy all the way with this one. Just because you voted for one person does not mean that you should start hating on the other person. All electable individuals may have done well. Maybe the person that you didn't vote for would have done better. There is more as Conflict from hating talking badly about the other candidates .

Finally number 3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side. This was exactly what I was talking about in the last paragraph. Do not start disliking another person because he or she voted for a different person. If we all went after each other over opinion where would we be now. If dad and Kristi wanted to vote for Obama and their parents wanted to vote for Romney this does not mean that they should start quarreling because they disagree. In fact the world we live in thrives on opinion and without it our world would be dull and boring. All of this election stuff is important but it requires opinions from everybody.

I hope that everyone enjoyed another lecture from me and all of my different opinions as I know I do this entire buisness with myself everyday. Fighting with myself over my own opinions can be kinda fun sometimes. This may sound wierd but it is hard to find someone else my age to discuss politics with as no one is really concerned about the world at this age. I guess things will just get easier as I move on in life but I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment