Wednesday, November 6, 2013

looking into Extracurricular

With the upcoming public school transition I have been told that I can enter an extracurricular activity and while I have been looking at them there isn't that much that to do after school but there might be something a little bit more interesting. here are a few that I am interested in. First off is debate which is just awesome and leads to quite a few opportunity and scholarships along with some interesting arguments to go through. Next up is French club which sounds interesting but with my experiences with French in the past I wonder if it would be a good idea. Finally there is Anime club which is purely for the sake of looking into what makes it so popular with people. Other then that though there isn't that much that I'm interested in.

Continuing with my books like usual and have been given the task to write a comparison with the book known as the Grapes of Wrath with the great depression and the Dust bowl. The comparison was certainly interesting because of the fact that the book takes place during both of these events is even more interesting. The story of The Grapes of Wrath is that there is this family who is trying to make a living for themselves and during there struggles they arrive at a farming community in which they try to make a life for themselves and in order to do this the father gets a job on a grape farm during the dust bowl which is terrible due to the amount of work that is required to keep the crops alive is just amazingly difficult.

I'm planning on getting a preliminary drawing for my project for hammer space. The problem is that I will need a little bit of help with it. Like last time with Leif I hope to get some help with it during our work with our next subject I have two hours with him and during this time I only have a few subjects in my day and apparently along with his tutoring on the side he does design and planning work which I didn't know but helps me out a lot so I have to give a big thanks to him for his help and also for his work with me on making my schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment