Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Explanation required

I don't know if I have ever talked about what Hillcrest does for people and what makes them any better then someone like Goodwill. The basis behind Hillcrest Thriftshop is to help raise money for the main part of Hillcrest which their job is to help people get on their feet and start working on building a life for themselves. For a start they help you get a job if you don't have one and help you start managing your money and look for a new home outside the temporary house that you get when you join the program. I was introduced to the program through my Grandma Cindy who had attended the program her self in order to become independent again which helped her out immensely. I now enjoy helping out around the place and what makes it even better is that every item that I test and put out on the shelf is helping someone get back on the right track.

I have access to a lot of material down at Hillcrest but most of it requires a bit of explanation behind it. For example I thought it was interesting that today I worked on a set of Gateway computer products of everything other then the monitor and computer. The main reason behind this is that Gateway computers is out of business and has been for a while. I know this for a fact because my dad has told me that he used to work at Gateway computers even before I was born which is probably why it came to mind. I know that I don't give very much as I could with my job at a place such as the thrift shop but lets see if that can change.

Today things have been a little bit different with a brand new schedule starting up at the dojo. I am not exactly a fan of it but it comes with so many different perks that I don't have a reason to be annoyed at all.  For example I don't have to scarf down all of my food in order to be out the door at time. I also get all of the time after class to myself which is very nice to have because usually I don't have anything but at least an hour after class until I have to go to bed. It is getting late so for the first time in ever I'm going to end the blog here because its time for bed. Have a good day when you read this because I don't think that anyone will be reading this until tomorrow later in the day. Anyway if that's the case here's a second blog for you to enjoy for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment