Monday, November 11, 2013

Change of pace.

Usually by this point I would be going over most of the stuff that I have been working on today like my project progress but I'll get into that later and instead start out with how my weekend went with my time at my moms. I spent my time this weekend over at my moms which unlike my usual lazy weekends included quite a bit of work to do. Starting out the weekend with some yard work in the mornings included collecting sticks around the yard to have them chipped into mulch which went into the gardens in order to prevent weeds from sprouting. That was before noon but later in the day I went over to my grandmas house who I call Grammy and helped out with some yard work in preparation for hanging up Christmas lights around the house. The reason for the yard work is that Grammy has some huge oak trees in her yard and they rain acorns all over the yard and it wouldn't have been safe to work with so many of them in the driveway. The family always works together to hang up the lights and we all have a good time half the time as long as we do it before Thanksgiving so that it isn't freezing cold outside when we put them all up.

For Sunday I was helping my mom get her dryer out of storage which was no easy feat because she has quite a bit in storage and then getting it up the stairs was no fun. Got to go to the hardware store while looking for a new vent pipe and clamp so I got a chance to check out some of the parts for my Nerf gun project so I have a better idea of what the parts are going to look like. Anyway after the dryer was out of storage and set up properly I got everything together and went back home to get ready for the week to come. I know that this whole weekend doesn't sound like it was that good but there were many good aspects about it that I haven't explained yet. First I got to try out of couple of new restaurants which I will probably review at a later date and I got to spend some much needed time with my mom this weekend which I haven't been able to do for a while now due to some unforeseen  circumstances. Either way it was a good weekend which has left me with a lot to think about during my free time.

My project is coming along really nicely and this week is going to be the hardest of all of my weeks because this weekend is the presentation for my project to the parents. Now they obviously know about my project already and they are already willing to contribute money but this is supposed to be treated like a buisness project for the most part and in order to do this I must properly present my budget, materials, schedule and overall knowledge of project in order to start building and accumulate my materials that I will need in order to continue with my project any further. The thing is that I am refineing my actual list of things currently and a good chunk of it has to be done at home but considering that I have a good week to get these things done there is no reason not to have everything completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment