Thursday, November 21, 2013

Down Through Town

To start off today I went on a ride with Made to Serve again after so long. It has been a long while before I have been with them on one of their runs but unlike the last time I went today was slow and cramped due to the cold and the rain. The reason behind these being a problem is that Made to Serve helps feed people in down town Kansas City which means that most people do not want to be outside at that point in time unless they are really desperate to get some help and because of this the day went by pretty slow in the beginning. Later on things went by faster and we ended the day well with the few people that were outside needing help having received help.

After Made to Serve me and Kristi went to this little restaurant that Kristi is absolutely in love with at the moment. I now understand why she loves the little restaurant known as #Chai Shai so much. When you walk in you instantly realize just how different the place is with the casual but somewhat formal nature of the area. The smell of spices that hit your nose were pleasant and added to the atmosphere that much more. When we ordered we both got items off of the appetizer menu which included Papdi Chaat and Samosas. You can find the link to their small but delicious menu here which will help you understand what I'm talking about. The interesting part about his place is that it it started by distributing samosas to other restaurants with a similar purpose and finally grew into a small but extremely delicious restaurant that is driving other business out of the area entirely. If you ever have time in Kansas City then this is one of the places that you should not pass up at all costs. I'm rating this place higher then Rusty Horse on my list because no matter how good both of them are there is just some small charm about Chai Shai that has kept Kristi going there to eat twice a week and has me falling in love with it.

When I got home from Made to Serve and Lunch I sat down with Leif for my tutoring for the week. While I did do some tutoring this Monday with Leif we still wanted to schedule for this Thursday to get in the full amount of time. Also this week was in continuance of last weeks linear equations and the work happened  to be graphing linear equations and then moving on to quadratic equations. This means quite obviously that next up I will be working on graphing quadratic equations which I may not be looking forward to but I can't say that they don't help either. All in all between helping those in need to working with Leif through my problems in math Today has been an awesome day so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment