Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Think Globally Eat Locally.

Today me and Kristi got to go out and grab a bite to eat so that I could get outside the house at least once this week. We went to a place known as Rusty Horse Tavern. Definitely an interesting name but much better then the name gives away. The Rusty Horse Tavern is an amazing restaurant where all of the food is made locally. In fact they get all of their meat ground up from a place known as Mcgonigles. The place is family friendly to boot with a kids menu, vegetarian meals, soups, and some really good burgers. The atmosphere is very laid back with lighting that isn't bright but just right. The service was great but the main problem with this restaurant is it's dreadful location. In order to find it you actually have to be looking for it as you can't see it from the highway which is just a couple roads down. While I was there I had a pretzel for an appetizer which was served with a smoked cheddar sauce and some Dijon mustard. Then I had a burger with fries that I split with Kristi that was extremely delicious. All in all I would give this place a 8.5 to 9 because the place wasn't perfect but it was still really good.

Today I got finished with my work pretty early considering the fact that it is only 1:30 and I had all of my work done before I went out to eat lunch. I achieved this using thirty minutes before the actual school day started. I got done with everything at about 11:30 and this is really good for me as it is really nice out at the moment. I mean it is just beautiful because it is almost 65 degrees out with a mild breeze over here. I am quite glad that I got done early but too bad I still haven't gotten around to airing back up the tires on my bike.

I got a couple new books to read and both of them are about someones life both non-fiction. One is called Silver Like Dust and it is about a girl telling the story of her family which is Japanese and had to suffer through World War 2. Life was extremely hard for them as they all had to be imprisoned the entire War. The other book that I am reading is The Diary of a Young Girl by Ann Frank. By the way that is literally the name of this book. It is based off of a Jewish family during World War 2. Their life is also extremely difficult as they live in Germany as well and this is the story of a child during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment