Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Field Work

Today I went to a National Geographic lecture with dad and it was interesting enough and certainly kept my attention. The lecture was being given by a Marine biologist that has been working with Nat. Geo for 15 years and specializes with sharks. The lecture focused more on saving the environment and the sea life but he also showed the ocean as something good. For example he showed peaceful pictures of sharks, he talked about turtles and his work with them, and he talked about sea manatees and honestly those manatees looked like they needed one big hug because they looked as if they were extremely depressed. There was technical difficulty with the slide before the lecture so he had to go back through all of the slides to start from the beginning.

Me and dad got some quality time together and this is pretty good for me as we get to see him as a family but not often do we get to sit down individually and talk. Of course I get to see him a little bit more often then the others but that doesn't make those moments less special. Today me and dad ended up going to a place known as the Thai place. The food was great and me and dad both ordered Panang  curry which was a little bit spicy but definetly not the spiciest thing on the menu. Anyway me and dad got some time together in and I really did enjoy it all as he was the one who brought me to the lecture and me and him sat there listening.

Getting back into habit has been a little bit of a problem for me at the moment. I would've forgotten to post anything today if it weren't for Kristi reminding me. Even more is that today of all days isn't exactly very easy at all because we will be heading out at about 5:30 tonight and not be back until about bedtime. The reason is that my grandma is going to be graduating and we are going to be their for that then we are going to go and eat dinner as a family as we do every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment