Friday, February 8, 2013

Tae Kwon Flop

Last night was my testing in Tae Kwon Do and I got my new belt but it was a really embarrassing night for me. What happened is that I went to testing with an open mind and with the knowledge that there was going to be two special guests there to help judge us and our forms. These two special guests happened to be 2 of the 5 only 7th degree black belts in all of Missouri. I was really happy to get the chance to see them and I practiced my form and stances vigorously to please the judges. Before I can go up to test I have to wait for them to call me so I sat patiently in the back of the dojo. The problem is that since I tried to keep perfectly still before testing my left leg fell asleep. I didn't have time before my form to wake up my leg so I had to continue with no complaints and it hurt. Even worse is that I then went back to sit down my foot falls into an even deeper slumber which eventually comes to bite me in the butt because when I stand up to receive my new belt I almost fall over because of how lopsided I felt. The hardest part is that if you remember correctly I was being judged by 2 of the 5 only 7th degree black belts in Missouri. I left feeling horrible as I left a terrible first impression as because my leg was asleep my form was sloppy and not even half as good as I can do. All in all last night was not a night to forget for me.

My work has been doing good lately because I have been working on some of the harder work in the morning to get it out of the way so I can work on the other easy yet longer bits of work. For example I work on French in the morning so that I can work on work like reading all 3 of my books and understand what I read before lunch. After lunch I work on the last of my work which is usually my  Codecademy, paper, and then blog. This works out really well for me as it keeps me being able to relax and not worry about getting my work done by the end of the day. I like this so far as the process has not failed me and it makes it so that I can be finished at 2:00.

I have been given something to write about today so this paragraph is just that. Kristi told me to tie up what I am reading lately with current events. What I am reading about is the different ethnicity and their lives during World War 2. This is in both my books so what do you think of when you start thinking of World war 2. The dropping of the atomic bomb, Hitler, the mass cases of genocide, and some more. Either way all of these were a horrible point in time and the one that caught me was the 3rd one. Not exactly a pleasant topic but when you think about it genocide is happening all around the world today. Places include Burma, Libya, even the Congo. I honestly didn't know that these were occurring as I don't watch the news and none of these are to close to home so they never affected me. Then I think how much different is this from the mass cases of genocide during World War 2. There is no difference yet I treat one with more emotion then the other. The one that still can be fixed doesn't seem like much of a problem to me then there is the one that has already occured and makes me grimace when I think of it. These are both one in the same only one has already happened and the other one is just sitting there while people like me ignore this and go on with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment