Monday, February 18, 2013

Down South

I got to go to grandmas house down south for the 4 day weekend and it was great. I was going to post my blog on Friday but I completely forgot about it and never got around to it while I was at grandmas. For the most part this is my apology for not posting on Friday and letting someones hopes down. I know that most people don't view my blog on a daily basis but if there is someone that does then I am sorry. On Friday I spent my school day relaxing and then my grandma showed up and we went out shopping for quilting supplies. Yep you heard it here I am quilting and sewing with grandma and it is not easy. I had a design I wanted to do and I had to do quite a bit of calculations and I still haven't done any work on the fabric yet.

I didn't just do work over at grandmas house. In fact we had a really good time and this time I tryed not to destroy every last bit of money in her wallet. In this week she ended up offering my more then what I was asking for and she kept on offering me stuff I wanted. For example we got to go out and eat at some really good places like the chicken shack which is owned by some family on my grandpas side and we went there after church. We also got to eat at Dairy Queen where we just went there for dessert and I got a chocolate cherry with snickers blizzard and grandma got a peanut buster parfait. I may have had a little bit to do with going to DQ as I love ice cream above all other dessert.

While I was just at grandmas house we cooked some and just sat back and relaxed. That is when we weren't working on the quilt. We did do some cooking at her house including we made wantons and also some sesame toast to help add some sweetness to the meal. The time over there was fun for me when I wasn't working on the quilt as grandma can be really calm and we could talk to eachother and just laugh the night away. Literally we sat there laughing for a good hour or two as we just traded stories back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment