Monday, December 2, 2013

Ode to Leftovers

It is that time again where leftovers from a Thanksgiving sit in your fridge while you try desperately to finish all of them due to their wonderful taste. Yep its the days after Thanksgiving and while I know that not everyone celebrates this holiday I know that I certainly enjoy the time with family and eating all of the delicious food that people bring to the table only this time I was helping make the dinner for the family to enjoy as well. Mind you it wasn't exactly easy staying up until midnight working stuffing and the Turducken and other miscellaneous items. I honestly enjoyed working on all of it and seeing what the cook has to go through on one of these days does help me understand how hard it is for many of the average person to cook for Thanksgiving. Even with 3 people working in the kitchen took most of the night and some of the morning all the way up until the meal to get everything ready if that gives you an idea.

After the holiday though everything calmed down again which is kinda to be expected after a holiday since all of the drama and other stuff is over most people just want to relax in my family at least. Yes Black Friday was right after Thanksgiving but I don't know if anyone in my family participates at all because I know that my dad's side of the family does not. Either way other then Thanksgiving not much happened this weekend which is definitely not a bad thing at all because it is the calm before the storm that is the Christmas season after all.

Speaking of which this December is not going to be any exception to the history and patterns of this difficult time of year. It makes sense but that doesn't make it any easier because a lot of stuff starts cropping up for people to do around this time of year. A couple of examples are the church potluck this weekend, my dad's birthday on the 12th, my birthday on the 15th, and not to mention the ever loved Christmas. This will all be done around the unstable Winter weather. In other words something to keep everybody occupied and also I plan on having my project finished before Winter vacation but that doesn't make anything easier considering the fact that I don't have all of the parts that I need yet and because of this I can't test out the gun or start building a final presentation. We'll see how my final month of home school works in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment