Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ranting to the teacher!

I've been known time and time again to start ranting on something that I feel strongly about. I have a couple including teachers not doing anything about bullying, Disney and where it has come over the years, and the one I had to go on about today which is today's kids in school and how everything is a bigger beauty pageant then there should ever be in school. The popularity contests that decide how easy things are going to be socially in school. If you rank low or decide not to participate in this large circle of perpetual ego boosting then you are immediately ignored by almost everyone else. If you do happen to fall into this clever trap though you will be acknowledged as cool as long as their is someone else to back you up on this. In other words this contest of who looks more gangster or pretty is just absolutely ridiculous.

The rant from the previous paragraph was a conversation that I had with Leif after we were done tutoring for the day. I honestly felt really judgemental about saying all of this because I feel that I never got to know some of the other kids even if I did see them multiple during each day for a few months before not seeing them for 3 months. In other words I wonder if this will happen again even if I'm aware of what I'm doing. I might just be like this at the moment and it could pass but feel like this caused my problems the years in public school.before I started home schooling. Lets just see where this takes me when I actually acknowledge my behavior though since not addressing problems in the past have caused me troubles in the present. The point is that I have the power to change these problems. I noticed this yesterday as well for my original post but that got edited due to some very negative opinions towards someone I've only met once.

I am looking forward to the holidays about as much as the normal person. The only problem that I do have with the holidays is that there is so much stuff going on. The prep for the holidays, the celebration of said holidays, the clean up of said holidays, and then celebrating them with different people at different times. Even birthdays are delayed to make way for this one strip of constant celebration. I feel like the season is good and the festivities are in good spirit but they are drawn out so much and since there is so much of it the holidays are just to much at times. My birthday is 10 days from Christmas which is definitely not easy for me or anyone trying to get me gifts for either of these. Simple things like a gift card are all I ever want but it ruins some of the feel of things and people want something that I wanted specifically. This is sidetracking though so let me sum this up before I lose my mind. The holidays are good but they are not easy to get through because of how much goes on during the month of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment