Monday, May 20, 2013

Tae Kwon Do: Boot Camp

What a day this Saturday was. I'll be getting into what I did while I was there but to start us all off I will be going over what I had to go through before I actually went through the course. I started everything by trying to get some more exercise then usual by riding around the neighborhood on my Bicycle. Secondly I had to drink a ton of water to make sure that I was hydrated before I started doing anything. Finally I had to have the right gear to wear at the class because a button up plaid shirt and jeans are no where near what I needed for my class. Instead I had a workout t-shirt as well as some gym shorts. I know this doesn't sound like much work in the beginning but that is only because I was getting ready for class but not trying to do my own workout regiment and doing too much could have made boot camp that much harder.

Now onto what I went through on Saturday and this is pretty interesting because we started everything with a 3.2 mile run around the building. In between we rested by doing some push ups and then before we headed inside the teachers decided to have us all do some sprints. It was certainly very hard for me as I am not the most fit person. What makes it all the more difficult is that we went inside to work on warrior X fit which is 6 exercises 6 times with 10 second break in between each exercise which each takes 30 seconds. I know it is a bit confusing but it is awesome that I made it through as one out of the 5 people that didn't complain through out the entire class. While those were the hard part this is about where I start excelling. I was always best with forms on things so when we started on self defense in the form of Krav Maga. After this we took a break for lunch which was pretty simple for me which consisted of fruit, vegetables, and a sandwich. As soon as that was done we moved on to sparring and then wrapped everything up with Staves and a belt ceremony to receive my new belt camo belt.

I might have missed something and I made it sound easier then it really was but then there was after everythign is all said and done. I am still in pain today from that workout and I have been stretching to help get back into shape before my next class because there is going to be no pity for me or my sister when we return to class because we went on our own accord. I have no problem with this myself because I have been through worse when it comes down to going to class. The problem I do have is that I can make it so that it is easier by actually stretching at home which is just a change in my schedule and something that can be forgotten fairly easily in my average day. I hope you all enjoyed and there will be much more to talk about this week because if I am told correctly this is my final week.

No comments:

Post a Comment