Friday, May 31, 2013

Drip Drop

Welcome back to my first Summer entry of the year. I hope to maintain my normal goals of when I was still in the average school year of about 3 paragraphs per entry. That isn't that bad but that isn't going to stop me from going over the average amount of paragraphs if something comes up. Today there isn't too much to talk about at the current time of me writing this but I may think of something while I'm typing.

As most of you know I live In Missouri and because of this it has taken me a while before I was able to go swimming due to all of the rain that has been hanging out around the area. I say this because there is a community pool in the area that we live in so I would usually be able to go swimming as soon as Memorial day hit. Then we finally got somewhat of a break on Wednesday so that we could go swimming and the relief was immediate no matter how cold the water was. It felt fantastic being able to go swimming again and I wasn't the only one that felt that way most likely. There are so many who love to go swimming that there are people that showed up late to Tae Kwon Do yesterday because of Swim team. I love this time of the year for 2 things and that is swimming and more grilling.

While I'm on the subject of the things that I love about the season. I may have not done any grilling this year yet but I know I will at least once this year before Summer is up. Grilling is one of those things that can bring anyone together. People get together and will assign time out of a busy day to sit down and enjoy a good burger along with their family. A burger is just the stereotyped meal of the grill but there is so much more including with my mom we make some fantastic satee which is an Asian style marinade for meat ( my family prefers Chicken ) and for us is served with Peanut sauce over some white rice. That is just one of the many examples out there but who am I telling people with more experience around  the grill what they can or can't grill. Food is one of the most versatile studies of the world so nothing is set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment