Friday, March 29, 2013

Ending on a high note.

I have a topic for today's blog and for that I am very thankful as most days I have to tell you about my work and then I give no examples. Well today there was so many good examples on what I have to do in school that I will be going over a couple of todays questions with you. The theme for all of these questions are all based on the book fountain head which I highly recommend reading. The first question that I will be going over is "Why does Gail Wynand take so much comfort in the knowledge that both he and Roark came from nothing? Well that one is one of the 6 questions but this one is actually quite simple. Like most people you gain comfort from knowing that other people have gone through any hard time that you have as they can understand you better. For Gail it made Gail feel closer to Roark as he knew exactly what he had to go through to achieve his status of power. The other question that I will be sharing and going over with everyone is "What similarities do Keating and Roark share? Why does Ayn Rand make them somewhat similar"? This one is a little bit more tricky as they seem to be enemys more then mutual friends but this one is still possible as while they may both have different outlooks one what their lives should look like they both do have things in common. For example They both were in a relationship with Dominique Francon who happened to be in all of the worst situations in the book without being the main character. Next up Roark and Keating both decided to work in the architectural business and try to create buildings but once again in different styles. The hardest part about this question is why does Rand make them similar. Well I believe that the reason is to show the different choices that can be made in life. For example Roark wouldn't let anyone mess with any design on his buildings and if anyone disagreed with him then they wouldn't be doing business with him. Keating on the other hand was manipulative and dedicated to getting large jobs that would spread his name through the community. For the most part they are the same people only they go through similar situations in different ways.

Since I have devoted so much of my blog today to the paragraph above I am just going to have this small closing paragraph. First off I would like to say that I hope that everyone has a good easter weekend as I know I will. Also I would like to say thank you for the 66 views yesterday and that I appreciate that people are willing to go out of the way to read my entrys no matter how casual they were for me. Time to wrap all of this up with a goodbye and I hope to see everyone on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment