Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pressing Forward

Today's work took me a little bit and for the most part I am still not done. The good news is the thing that I was working on was my Global Warming paper and it is coming along quite nicely as today I edited all of the second page and now I am working on making the changes on the digital copy. This is not exactly the easiest task after not working on a paper for so long but it is not impossible either. The work in itself is much easier then what I had to deal with in public school where for two weeks I sat at my desk trying to figure out what my topic would be for my paper. As one could imagine the teacher English teacher was not happy.

The work that I have been doing is so satisfying and even cooler is going over data about what I have done throughout the entire year. A really cool fact is that after finishing Fountainhead I will have read a total of 2500 pages in this one school year. Even cooler thought is that I have not gotten to the end of the year yet so I am thinking that by the end of the year I will have around 3000 pages read. This is quite outrageous as in public school I barely read 1000 pages of actual curriculum. the scarier part is that the total pages read this year is excluding any textbook.

The thought occurs to me that I have the chance that at the beginning of the next school year I will have the chance to go to high school. This has been messing with me as last time I was in the system I almost snapped from the stress. Home school is one of the best parts of my life yet and now I have the chance to decide against it again and I don't know what to do. I have all of the math curriculum that I would have missed out on and I would work on it through summer but other then that I have math curriculum coming for the rest of the year and maybe into next school year. I honestly feel like I can't leave home school now that things are starting to look better and with all of the things planned for next year. At the moment my answer is no for both me and for everyone who is reading this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment