Thursday, March 28, 2013

Challenge accepted

I have accepted my teachers bet to see who can get through Atlas Shrugged first but there are a few things against me. For example Kristi already has plenty of time to read in the day so that alone could be my downfall. The upside to this bet no matter what happens I get to eat at the Rusty Horse except that the outcome could result in either of us paying for the meal and this is no cheap place to eat.

Today's work was hard but extremely satisfying. The main reason for this is because today I had essay questions and I did pretty darn good on them. This reminds me of the beginning of home school where I cried when I was assigned any essay questions. Instead of calling Kristi and discussing with her on why I shouldn't do essay questions I trucked through all of them before the end of the day and left satisfied. The problem is that to this day there will be a special spot in my heart full of fear at the very thought of essay questions.

Speaking of still being able to do something I was able to pull 3 more paragraphs out for my paper in one day and that in itself is satisfying. I know it may not sound like much when you think about what you do in the public school system but considering how long it has been since I have worked on that paper I was quite proud of myself for being able to write more paragraphs on a paper I had didn't even remember existing a week ago.

1 comment:

  1. Practice, practice, practice :) all that onery essay question practice last fall set you up for easier paper writing this spring. It all built on top of each other and now you are trucking through it like a pro. I am fearfully and terribly proud of you Galen. Your skills have not only improved but also your confidence and work-ethic.

    ReplyDelete