Friday, December 14, 2012

School problems

Today there was a terrible shooting in one of the school districts which if I remember correctly was Connecticut. What makes it so sad is that people died and even worse is the fact that more people died then the Columbine shooting of 1999. I feel terrible but also relieved that no one that I knew myself was caught in the shooting and if someone was then I don't want to know because I probably havn't seen them in a long time and they wouldn't remember me. The problem that I have is that I am afraid that people are going to go to extremes and do something with the public schools to make them safer like they did with the Columbine shooting. Either way I am relieved that it is nowhere near me here in Missouri and that everyone that I know is alright and to the people who may be reading this right now that has lost someone dear to them this day we mourn your loss.

The Columbine shooting as I mentioned was in 1999. During the shooting 13 were killed and 20 more were injured. In this recent shooting around 27 were shot and killed and only 3 have made it to the hospital for treatment. Others have already died in the hospital. I don't know exact information about all of the situation as I heard the news when I had settled down to eat lunch and I had to turn it off to complete the rest of my work. I know that some of you are uninterested but I plan to dedicate this blog to this event and I can recommend that if you don't want to read this, don't.

I never got to see who died today. Neither did the people that may have lost someone as the information has not yet been released to any of the parents or the public yet. Either way today these people are the ones who read support and I know if they even are reading this they probably will not read this for another week or maybe tomorrow or even the most extreme a year, I don't know. To anyone that knows any of these people I would like for you to give some support to them as they are going to need it through these hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment