Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another Down!

Today I managed to finish the trouble with boys and the book might just haunt me for a little bit. Reading about how the school isn't geared for boys and then hearing about how most of this isn't being acknowledged is pretty scary. Then the fact that boys are being accepted into college with grades that are a C average is also a scary thought to me. What makes the boys being accepted scary is that it goes on to tell how little effort they actually apply to the school after being accepted.

I told everybody about the other book that I have been working on which is known as Nurture Shock. Today it tells about how much sleep patterns affect the kids. I thought this one was also just a little bit scary as it goes into the facts like one hour of sleep can decide how well kids do in school and how they take life. What makes this one even worse is that it then tells about the wary parents that are willing to help the kids and get them some more sleep to help them. For example the many schools that are reluctant to start school an hour later to help the students even after the research was proven to help and there was remarkable changes within the schools who did change their schedule.

Tomorrow is my dads birthday and I feel bad having another one of his birthdays and not having a good substantial gift. Dad has been there for us through all of the ups and downs and I can't help but feel we take all that he does for granted. He is the one that brings food into the house and not even to mention to keep the house that gives us shelter. I don't know what we would do without dad and his persistence to keep a job and to go through any trial thrown his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment