Monday, August 27, 2012

Growing Pains

Today was probably one of my most interesting days so far. Because today was all catch up work literally! Today started with my first long ride with dad on his scooter. This was amazing except that we were heading for the hospital where Kristi was at because of some terrible blood clots. Well most people dont know this but in my honest opinion hospitals are some of the most evil places ever!
Only because they have the evil looking white walls,ceilings, and floors that never change color under any circumstances what so ever. Then they are always seemingly cold. There is not a warm room in this hospital.

Anyway I went to work on catching up once i got upstairs. I started out with my flashcards. The total amount of flashcards today was 60. Can you believe it? 60 different flashcards spread between french and English from my Troyka book. This was all an extreme pain ut it got worse. I then had to do the actual assignments from my Troyka. this was 14-6 to 14-10. all in all I would say about 30 questions total. Most of it took me all day. There was a prelude in between these things but we'll get to that later. This later included the dreaded Essay Questions. But this time I had a secret weapon! That would be my teacher Kristi. For once in my home school career I finally asked for help. Despite all of the work I needed to do this blog entry is the last I need to do for the day.

I at least need to tell you guys one more thing before I wrap this up. First of all I will need to make a second entry for all of this to get everything in. Secondly I am planning my first project. The project I am planning for is involving a catapult. I really dont know much more detail then this because I still have to decide wether I should make one, teach about one, enter one in a science fair, or just flat out test one and its limits. I'm open to suggestions on that one but if you recommend one please back it up with a why or why not. I am thinking about building one then maybe as a later project test it. Anyway give me some review please.

5 comments:

  1. As your teacher I am terribly and fearfully proud of the work you did today to remain accountable - you really manned up and knocked it out of the ball-park. Tomorrow is a totally fresh start and I can't wait until you see some of the change-ups in your assignment log that I could build with the foundations you built over the last week. I agree hospitals suck big-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I think over the course of this semester you could do it all with the catapult - just break it up into small pieces and let one aspect build on another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be awesome. Can't wait till we get to destroy buildings with flaming boulders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catapault? I want in, man.. You gotta let me in on this one!! LOL. If anything, Your dad and I can be your targets while we run away laughing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry dude you'll get your turn because either way im going to need a target

      Delete