Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 5

Well here we are again although this day was not like the others. For the first time this year I did not finish all of my work in one day. This really is quite a shock for me and I don't know how i got over the shock so quickly. some how I did manage to get over the shock and was not mentally scarred for the rest of my life. Although this is a sad day for my work completion ranking there is an explanation that is actually quite simple. It is because I went with Kristi to her meeting for Made to Serve. While i was there I was side tracked a couple times in a good way. Like making cupcakes as one can see to the side.

While i was there i did more then just frost cupcakes I also managed to do all of my reading for the day. Which is a great start but then i had to do all of the essay questions. This is the hard part as I mentioned time and time again. This included essay questions for "Freakonomics" Which while I was at it I managed to find videos on Khan Academy to help me with my first essay question "describe economics in your own words 3-5 sentences". I found a video labeled cupcake economics which although sounding strange pulled me in and I found out a lot about economics from the 3, 12-13 minute videos.

While I didn't manage to complete any of the essay questions completely  I did manage to complete my very first test! Even if it was a pre-test it still counts towards my grades unlike Public School. I was very pleased with my work and although i feel confident in my ability in fractions i still cannot say what I actually got on the test. I wish for a bit of luck to get at least 95% or higher so i can get a definite A and some benefits. Benefits include a free day in math which I can turn in a slip and go back do math another day.

After my first 5 days of Home school I realize all of the differences there are between public school and home school. Despite one seeming to be better and more convenient then the other I believe that home school is better in several ways that are unmistakable. First of all home school shows a much needed freedom for the student and the teacher. For example instead of paying for an entire class to go to the science museum or worlds of fun for some reason, you only have to pay for only the amount of people going. nd there is so much more as this is one example of many

So here is my question to the audience. What would you change about public school. Why would you do this. How do you believe this would help things out around the school. Respond openly!
so heres my question

No comments:

Post a Comment