Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to buisness an hour late

Welcome back everyone to my first day of school for this year. This is the beginning of my second year of home school and I am planning to expand my reaches into uncharted territory this year, the dreaded Facebook. I know that may sound like I'm overreacting about Facebook but I really just don't like using Facebook at all. I got primarily to communicate with friends and expand my blog but after that I try to avoid going there if I don't need to. I'm not saying that I will not go to the Facebook under any circumstances but there is something about the whole website that I don't like. That's just the beginning of the new curriculum to crack open to the new year.

I am also finally getting into the one book that I have not read in the previous year.Can you tell which one it was based on the picture to the right? The book that I am now reading is the Charles Dickens collection. It's a bit hard to see what the title is in the picture but still that is what I am reading at the moment. To be honest it is a fairly hard read much like Les Miserable only the collection of five novels isn't even nearly as long as Les Miserable was. Speaking of Charles Dickens I have one more assignment. That happens to be a 2-3 paragraph bio that is to be posted here on my blog so get ready for a little side tracking and here we go.

Charles Dickens was a writer during the Victorian period.(A) He is known primarily for writing The Adventures of Oliver Twist and other books including The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby and A Tale of Two Cities.(A) Not only did he write novels but also dabbled in short stories and even plays. Charles Dickens was born on February 7 1812 and lived to June 8 1870. He was born in Landport which is located in Portsmouth within the United Kingdom.(B) Charles wasn't always a writer instead he started out within Journalism focusing on political debates.(A) Charles was eventually approached by a publishing company known as Chapman and Hall (C) which led him to creating his first story which is The Pickwick Papers.  (A)

During the time that The Pickwick Papers were being written he married Catherine Hogarth on April 2nd 1836. (D) 6 years later after their marriage they went on their first trip to the United states as well as Canada.(A) Charles and his wife never went to live in the United states and instead stayed within
England but his visits was inspiration for one of his most famous book known as A Christmas Carol (A) He later divorced his wife in 1857 and was accused of an affair but was never proven. (A) Charles Dickens died of a seizure within Gads Hill Place in Higham, Kent (A)

(A)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Dickens
(B)http://charlesdickenspage.com/fast-facts.html
(C)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapman_%26_Hall
(D)http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PRhogarthC2.htm

Sorry about the side tracking but back down to whats new within my home school career Like I hinted at in my last entry I did get something resembling a job. I am currently volunteering at Hillcrest Thriftshop which starts tomorrow. This is actually pretty cool because this is going to be used to build up my resume and give a little bit more experience within a job. While I also am self employed and have been setting up interview to look after other peoples dogs thanks to Kristi who has been setting me up with many people and at the moment and at this rate I have another dog to watch each week outside of my usual dog Chewie.

I also have been going even deeper into the kitchen with some more cooking for a couple of weeks and maybe even more. This started because I had problems following some instructions for making boxed rice which is kinda silly because I just started to simmer and never even brought the rice to a boil. I feel silly about it but I have turned my cooking skills around for the moment but now I am going to start cooking some recipes out of one of Kristi's cook books to make up for my lack of being able to read instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment